Monday, July 12, 2010

DIY Cake Stand!

After seeing this Cake Plate Tutorial from Your Homebase Mom, I wanted to make some of my own too! I love how you can use any plate you desire!

For each cake plate you will need:
1 candle holder
1 plate
E6000 glue
    I found the candle holders and plate from my local $1 store.
    I had this glue on hand so I forgot how much the price is, I got this from Michael's Arts and Crafts.

    Now get your holder and plate together, turn the plate upside down and try to determine where the center is.
    Then add glue to the top of the holder
    then turn the holder upside down and put into the center of the plate.
    Let dry for 2-6 hours (per directions of glue) I just left it overnight.
    Then TA-DA!!! you got your own cake plate!!!
    Took a picture of these cake balls using the stand. Silly me didn't take a picture of the whole stand...we ate all the cake balls before I realize it! hehe!
    Now off to try to make these plates into plate stand too! I got these on clearance from Michaels!

    9 comments:

    Sweetly Sweet said...

    This is such a wonderful and inexpensive idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Anonymous said...

    Love your idea, making my reception table center pieces. I thought to buy cake stand but some were close to $20. Making my own allows me to save money and allow me to be creative. Thanks for the tutorial.

    BrandyBDown said...

    What other kind of glue could I use?

    BrandyBDown said...

    What other kind of glue could I use?

    NOBODY said...

    I was wondering if the small base doesn't cause the pedestal to topple...

    Hanry Taxton said...

    There are many kinds of Yankee Candle and each has its own special appeal and impact on the room. This kind of candle will instantly bring the fragrance into the room to cover the room with its pleasing scent.

    Austin Green said...

    If you like candles, you must have seen the Yankee Candle holder here, which is very popular in the market. This product is considered to be an item that are attractive and fashionable, as well as being functional and useful.

    Marry Jane said...

    These types of charts have a thin horizontal line connecting two high points on the chart, the high of which is the closing price and the low of which is the open price. To learn more about dragonfly doji candle, visit on hyperlinked site.

    Anonymous said...

    I’ve made three of these for Christmas gifts. With two more to make. I got everything at thrift stores. I’ve used both super glue and epoxy.

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    Total Visits